Micheal has shown nothing but dedication to his training since he joined FSM. Finding the basic movements hard like squatting, lunges and Skipping Micheal took his challenge head on to get better and more efficient at moving his body. As Micheal will tell you he found his first month at FSM harder than most. One of the big issues Micheal had was a bad right shoulder which prevented him from doing pull-ups or even hang from a bar.
Over time with Mobility and strength work Micheals range of motion got better and stronger which was proven when he was able to hang from a bar for 20 seconds. This might not seem like a big goal but for Micheal and the coaching team at FSM this was an awesome achievement.
- How did you get involved in CrossFit?
I got involved with crossfit through a friend who recommend it to myself and said I’d love it. The famous Mark Collins plus its across the road from the gaff
- When did you first join FSM?
- What was your first WOD in the main classes?
Fran the joys, thought i was going to die
- When did you realise CrossFit was right for you?
After consistently going to training and developing my skills that i learnt from the fundamentals class and feeling fitter and stronger.
- What are your short term goals?
Keep improving on everything
- Long term goals?
Developing my skills and getting the shoulder fit and healthy. Start doing pull-ups.
- What is your favourite WOD / movement?
Like an equal balance of lifting and met-con within an class
- What is your least favourite WOD / movement?
Anything focusing on shoulders repetitively
- Least favourite and favourite music to WOD to?
I’m too exhausted to notice
- What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
Hanging from a bar for 20 seconds. Next stop pull-ups.